Monday, November 26, 2012

Bike ride in Columbus, MS

I should have known better when Ross said, "Want to go for a little bike ride?"  I look up at the overcast sky with doubts, and foolishly concluded we could beat the impending storm.  10 miles later, a hike through a muddy creek and thorny thickets carrying the bikes, being chased by a scary pit bull (I repeated to myself as I focused forward, "If I can't see him, he doesn't exist"), and the final 3 miles ending with driving rain, we finally make it back to the coach.  We are tired, soaking wet, and cold....but somehow in a pretty good mood.  Have to love when Ross looks at his phone map and says, "Huh, I don't see how to get to that road we need to be on."  Needless to say it was quite an adventure.  Unfortunately, Ross called dibs on the shower first, so I had to wait 30 minutes for it to heat up after he hogged all of the hot water.   --KCT    


A picturesque Mississippi road....until you are jostling down it for 3 miles in a beach cruiser

Seeing this little guy was great!

Decaying lilly pads



The Columbus Lake Dam - a worthy destination

Ross crossing the muddy creek....his shoes went into the wash machine immediately after the ride


Ross' spare shirt that was dunked in the muddy creek after he tried to gently "toss" the bike over the water

The road home (right before the rains hit)




No comments:

Post a Comment