Saturday, October 27, 2012

First night

First night in the RV was pretty awesome. We are in Lewiston, ID - close to a customer call I am making on Monday. It is hat and gloves weather - in the 30s - but we were all warmed up when Ross made a delicious pot of spaghetti for dinner. The RV is just the right size for us - cozy but roomy with the slides out. The pugs have a few sleeping stations in the living room and I can faintly hear them snoring. Tonight cost us $22 for the bigger pull through spot with full hookups. The only (major) downside to this location is that cell/wi-fi service is really spotty. We may look to move closer to town tomorrow so I can do a little work with the mobile hotspot on. Looking forward to a fun Saturday exploring the area. And, with no cable, I'm finally getting a chance to read a book that I've had by my bedside for a while ("Railroaded: The Transcontinentals and the Making of Modern America")! I'm hoping we have time to swing by Promontory Point in Utah where the east and west RRs met with the driving of the golden spike!

No comments:

Post a Comment